Wireless Technician Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Hartford, CT, US
Security Technology Services
Adesta, an Allied Universal® company, specializes in the design and implementation of modern communications networks and infrastructure for public and private customers. Working in a fast-paced, dynamic, and diverse environment, join a team that creates meaningful and measurable solutions based on customers’ project goals and budgets. Adesta not only offers engineering, technical, and management expertise of an established systems integrator, we also back our expertise with dependable maintenance support and training.
Adesta, an Allied Universal Company, is seeking a Wireless Technician I to perform routine and restorative maintenance on the microwave radio system or other wireless network equipment as applicable.
What to expect as a Wireless Technician I at Adesta:
- Performs routine monthly, quarterly, and yearly maintenance on wireless network elements, to ensure trouble-free online performance of the network.
- Identifies and replaces malfunctioning or inoperative equipment, such as circuit cards or processing units, and performs repairs and preventative maintenance as necessary.
- Locates, troubleshoots, and repairs problems and service interruptions in the network. Adheres to contractual service response time for network problems.
- Installs and terminates cable on 66 blocks, channel banks, cross connects, hubs, and routers.
- Works with vendors to resolve equipment issues.
- Tests and evaluates hardware, software, and equipment to determine efficiency, reliability, and compatibility with existing systems and contractual requirements.
- Will be required to be on-call (24X7) on a rotating schedule for network emergencies.
- Other duties as assigned by supervision.
What skills and experience are required:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must be able to pass FBI background check
Working knowledge of telecommunications systems including:
- Circuit design
- Equipment utilization including DS-3, DS-1 & DS-0 is desirable
- IP Technologies
- Channel banks
- Digital cross connects
- Understanding of telecommunications electronics and DC power systems.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
Who We Are
Men and women who have served in the military are an integral part of Allied Universal and we salute our veterans and extend gratitude for your service.
Military service members are often on the front lines, sacrificing everything to protect our freedom. And at Allied Universal, these unsung heroes help do their part to serve, secure and care for the people and businesses in every corner of our communities.
When they join our ranks, they bring with them leadership attributes, significant life experiences and military core values that are a perfect fit to be successful among a large security force, helping to make a difference in our communities.