Technical Support Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Clearwater, FL 33759, US
Are you looking to become part of a dynamic, technology-driven company? AMAG Technology, an Allied Universal® Company, is a market leader in Physical Access Control, Identity Management and integrated security solutions. We are always looking for talented individuals to join our team, and offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more. Start your career with AMAG Technology today!
AMAG, an Allied Universal® Company, is hiring a Tier 3 Technical Support Engineer. The Tier 3 Technical Support Engineer needs to have experience to resolve complex and unique technological issues with electronic security systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS
- Provide Exceptional Customer Service at all times, responding positively when under pressure.
- Provide support for AMAG software, hardware, and access control systems.
- Provide support for Symmetry including all strategic 3rd party integrations (Intrusion, Intercom, IP Video).
- Prepare documentation for Tier 3 services rendered including onsite trip reports when travel has become necessary
- Travel to customer sites as necessary to test, troubleshoot, and resolve product problems
- Provide Tier 2 level phone support duties when not performing onsite services and take ownership of tickets that aren’t resolved in a timely fashion
- Work closely with Technical Services, Hardware and Software Engineers to gain competence in the product’s operational characteristics.
- Support other departments in need of Technical Services when necessary
- Develop test fixtures to carry out tasks associated with issues reported in a manner that will simulate the product's intended operating environment.
- Conduct tests on new components, assemblies, and systems, based on written or oral procedures and instructions.
- Maintenance of tech support hardware systems (servers, hubs, switches, routers) and software systems including Windows Server, Terminal services, Virtual Machines
- Installation, upgrade, support of systems hardware and software and server/network problem identification and resolution.
- Serve as a senior LAN Administrator to identify, design, implement and plan network, hardware and software needs.
- Design networks, optimize LAN performance and resolve connectivity issues, including LAN/WAN connectivity issues as needed to technical support hardware.
- Develop and maintain server configuration standards for assigned servers for tech support.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, specialized computer systems training, or work equivalent.
- 2 to 5 years of experience working with access control systems, AMAG preferred
- A combination of experience and education will be considered
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or other industry certification preferred.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate complex technical concepts effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to execute with a sense of urgency and multi-task and to deal with conflict / crisis (i.e. realize something is important or will quickly become critical) on large-scale products
- Knowledge of tools of the trade i.e. Multimeters, Oscilloscopes, Software utilities, and Microsoft diagnostic software Analyzers.
- Strong knowledge of SQL and information security disciplines.
- Comprehensive understanding of Microsoft client and server operating systems, Microsoft Cluster software, NEC Express Cluster, and associated installation, configuration, support and management best practices preferred.
- Thorough knowledge in IP, DNS, AD and firewall configuration.
- Experience in dealing with PC hardware and software manufacturers and dealers and possess the ability to plan and direct the growth and expansion of PC networks, both wide area and local to train new users concerning LAN/WAN networks.
Who We Are
Men and women who have served in the military are an integral part of Allied Universal and we salute our veterans and extend gratitude for your service.
Military service members are often on the front lines, sacrificing everything to protect our freedom. And at Allied Universal, these unsung heroes help do their part to serve, secure and care for the people and businesses in every corner of our communities.
When they join our ranks, they bring with them leadership attributes, significant life experiences and military core values that are a perfect fit to be successful among a large security force, helping to make a difference in our communities.