Security Service Technician Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Charleston, SC 29407, US
Security Technology Services
When you join Allied Universal® Technology Services, you are joining one of the fastest growing security systems integrators in North America. Build your career within a fast-paced, dynamic, and diverse environment that combines leading-edge technology solutions - electronic access control, video surveillance, alarm monitoring, emergency communications, robotics, drones, and other smart tech innovative solutions - with physical security solutions to safeguard our clients and our communities.
What to expect as a Commercial Security Service Technician:
The Service Technician will be responsible for service, maintenance, repairs, and troubleshooting/diagnostics on access control equipment and IP based video systems including but not limited to: electrified and non-electrified locks, card readers, ancillary door devices, IP and analog cameras, head-end video recording devices, wired and wireless systems and intercom systems.
Travel to Commercial client sites to service, repair, troubleshot and detect access control equipment and IP based video security systems. Including but not limited to:
- Electrified and non-electrified locks, card readers, ancillary door devices, IP and analog cameras, head-end video recording devices, wired and wireless systems and intercom systems)
- Troubleshoot system installations in a such a manner as to identify issues and to apply the most effective and efficient resolution consistent with company installation standards; identify and repair physical security systems as required to ensure operability and compliance with any applicable building code
- Apply all necessary documentation for tracking of service related issues
- Demonstrate knowledge and skill in the safe use of hand and power tools, analog/digital test equipment and CCTV testing devices
- Demonstrate proficiency in reading and understanding electrical schematics, CAD drawings and related documents for their use in low voltage applications
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with both internal and external customers
- Provide phone and on-line remote diagnostic support
- Drive to commercial client sites, with a company issued vehicle, to perform service
- Perform other duties as assigned by Operations Management
What knowledge and skills are required:
- High School Degree, Vocational School or equivalent required
- 2+ years of field experience
- Experience with any or all of the following preferred: Software House, Lenel, AMAG, S2, Brivo, Milestone, Exacq, Axis, Bosch, Commend, DMP, Open Options, Notifier, Fluidmesh or ONSSI
- Possession of state specific licensing (i.e. Class D or Alarm Installer etc.) or ability to hold license once hired
- Understanding of Windows operating systems and overall IT network topology
- Highly proactive and skilled individual, and at all times maintain performance consistent with Allied Universal Technology Services (AUTS) core values
- Ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast based environment with minimum direction
- Good communication skills for effective interaction with internal & external customers
- Available for scheduled “on-call” duties to respond to emergency service calls
- Strong troubleshooting skills, mechanical and electronics aptitude
- Capable of lifting up to 50lbs and work on ladder heights of up to 16’
- Be able to work independently or as a member of a team
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Who We Are
Men and women who have served in the military are an integral part of Allied Universal and we salute our veterans and extend gratitude for your service.
Military service members are often on the front lines, sacrificing everything to protect our freedom. And at Allied Universal, these unsung heroes help do their part to serve, secure and care for the people and businesses in every corner of our communities.
When they join our ranks, they bring with them leadership attributes, significant life experiences and military core values that are a perfect fit to be successful among a large security force, helping to make a difference in our communities.