Security Operations Manager Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Chicago, IL 60154, US
Allied Universal® Executive Protection and Intelligence Services , North America’s leading specialized protection company, provides rewarding careers that give you a sense of purpose. While working in a dynamic, diverse and inclusive workplace, you will be part of a team that fuels a culture that will reflect in our communities and customers we serve.
The Security Operations Manager will act as the Allied Universal liaison with the client and will be the leader in coordinating communication and standardization of operations for the assigned client locations utilizing uniformed security officer services that includes coordinating services, providing exceptional customer service, effectively managing people and costs, supporting client loss prevention leadership, ensuring contract compliance, adherence to established site security procedures and drive operational accountability through effective change management.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversight and mentoring of all Supervisors and Security Personnel
- Evaluation of contract performance and compliance
- Development and updating of site post orders
- Training of current and new employees to contract standards; Inspection of security personnel, measuring competency, appearance and morale.
- Identify performance shortcomings of Site Supervisors and Security Personnel then develop and implement process or program solutions to address shortcomings.
- Develop and implement goals/objectives for direct reports. Conduct employee evaluations, counseling and discipline.
- Maintain open, timely and accurate communication between client, AUS Account Manager and local AUS office.
- Daily review of staffing levels ensuring compliance with manpower requirements of the assigned sites and maintain staffing report for all locations.
- Ensure the proper and timely handling of all incidents regarding all aspects of security for the faculty.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience managing 60 or more security, military and/or law enforcement personnel
- Must possess one or more of the following: service in military occupational specialty related to law enforcement, security (such as Military Police, Elite Military Forces, combat arms) or any support role in a Combat Zone, graduate of a certified Public Safety Academy (military or civilian) in the law enforcement, adult corrections or firefighter field
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in law enforcement or Criminal Justice related studies
- A minimum of 8 or more years of active service in any military branch
- Work experience in evaluating, motivating and training security officer performance
Who We Are
Men and women who have served in the military are an integral part of Allied Universal and we salute our veterans and extend gratitude for your service.
Military service members are often on the front lines, sacrificing everything to protect our freedom. And at Allied Universal, these unsung heroes help do their part to serve, secure and care for the people and businesses in every corner of our communities.
When they join our ranks, they bring with them leadership attributes, significant life experiences and military core values that are a perfect fit to be successful among a large security force, helping to make a difference in our communities.