Security Operations Intelligence Center Manager Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Cambridge, MA 02138, US
Allied Universal® Executive Protection and Intelligence Services , North America’s leading specialized protection company, provides rewarding careers that give you a sense of purpose. While working in a dynamic, diverse and inclusive workplace, you will be part of a team that fuels a culture that will reflect in our communities and customers we serve.
The Security Operations Intelligence Center Manager is responsible for contributing to the development and production of intelligence-driven decision support products that assess risks and opportunities around our people, operations, strategy, and brand & reputation. This candidate should be an intelligence practitioner who has a passion for analysis, problem-solving, and advising and informing decision-makers. This is a cross-functional role that partners closely with numerous business units across the enterprise.
- Intelligence support that maximizes the capabilities, synergies, and efficiencies of multiple team members and functional areas of expertise to include Travel Risk Management, Operational Intelligence, Protective Operations (Executive Protection), and Protective Intelligence.
- Risk intelligence support to additional areas to include issue management, enterprise risk management, and geopolitical risk management.
- Research issues identified by internal customers for targeted monitoring, analysis, and dissemination.
- Data mine various social media platforms for relevant information collection.
- Analyze and assess risks and threats to our people, operations, strategy, and brand & reputation.
- Deliver reports, briefings, and presentations on a routine basis that help reduce uncertainty and answer priority intelligence requirements.
- Advise the Director of Security on intelligence collection, processing, analysis, and dissemination strategies.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and departments to determine intelligence requirements and market to and expand the function’s reach.
- Initiate, execute, and maintain intelligence-sharing relationships inside and outside the organization.
- Possess and maintain the necessary skills, qualifications and certifications to provide expert advice on intelligence-related programs, regulations, industry standards, risk assessments, and related issues or questions that may arise.
- Drive a respectful team culture centered on open communication, sharing, listening, and recognition of team members at all levels
SOIC Manager Duties:
- Strategically manage a two to four-man SRT (Security Response Team) mobile response elements, deterring criminal actions against client properties and personnel, disrupting crimes in progress, and coordinating law enforcement response, enforcement, and investigation.
- Conduct threat assessment and predictive analysis of local security issues, likely threats, criminal patterns, radical activist threat potential and patterns, law enforcement response and enforcement, homeless mitigation, and political trends related to prosecution and incarceration.
- Advise and oversee construction of a Security Operations Center (SOC) and integration of CPI/SOC operators, uniformed guard force, and armed security response team (SRT).
- Review and monitor Security Operations Center (SOC) operations, ensuring vigilant and comprehensive video surveillance, quick reaction and resolution of security incidents, proper oversight and guidance during security events, effective intelligence collection and allied agency liaison, and proper and timely reporting functions.
- Lead and work within a cross-functional security team.
- Safeguard client worksite, personnel, and highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Follow and enhance the directed SOW.
- Minimum 3 years-experience in an Intelligence related capacity in a corporate/private/Government setting
- Relevant degree e.g. International Relations, Intelligence Studies, International Security Studies or equivalent experience in operational intelligence.
- Team oriented
- Excellent understanding of security operations
- Ability to think critically, write objectively
- Ability to work in a high-pressure, fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skillsand experience
- Able to write clearly, simply, and compellingly in English
- Ability to complete assignments independently at prescribed deadlines
- Experience with Intelligence Tools (NC4, Everbridge, Dataminr, Factal, TX360, etc.)
- Able to build good relationships internally/externally and establish credibility quickly
- Organizational skills, ability to prioritize, manage own time
- Ability to take initiative and pro-actively deal with routine matters and work with limited supervision in a pressured environment
- Must have reliable means of transportationand a valid driver’s license
- Flexible work hours
- Willingness to perform shift work
- Monitors subscription-based alerting services, cable and local news, social media, and other open sources for threats to client critical infrastructure (people, facilities, assets, brand/reputation) and operations around the globe.
- Prepares and rapidly disseminates in-depth intelligence reports for senior leadership, security, and other business units as needed.
- Responds to emergency situations to protect the safety and security of employees.
- Provides oral and/or written briefings to client staff, senior leadership, and business area representatives.
- Utilizes proprietary processes and technologies to support enterprise-wide international security and crisis management programs.
- Other services and support as needed.
- Salary is based on experience, training and other related qualifications
- Paid employee training and development
- Paid holidays and flexible PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Career advancement opportunities
- Great company culture and work/life balance
Who We Are
Men and women who have served in the military are an integral part of Allied Universal and we salute our veterans and extend gratitude for your service.
Military service members are often on the front lines, sacrificing everything to protect our freedom. And at Allied Universal, these unsung heroes help do their part to serve, secure and care for the people and businesses in every corner of our communities.
When they join our ranks, they bring with them leadership attributes, significant life experiences and military core values that are a perfect fit to be successful among a large security force, helping to make a difference in our communities.