Security Operations Account Manager Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Newark, NJ 07015, US
Allied Universal®, North America’s leading security and facility services company, provides rewarding careers that give you a sense of purpose. While working in a dynamic, diverse and inclusive workplace, you will be part of a team that fuels a culture that will reflect in our communities and customers we serve. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for all full-time positions!
The Healthcare Security Account Manager is designated as a management level professional with oversight for all security service delivery and related programs for the client.
Preference will be given to those who possess the following:
International Association of Healthcare Security and Safety (IAHSS):
- Certificate for Certified Healthcare Security Supervisor(CHSS),
- Healthcare Safety Certificate Program (HSCP)
- Certified Healthcare Protection Administrator (CHPA) certification
This person acts as the official representative from AUS to the Client and will work to ensure a consistent and superior level of customer service to all client facilities. This person will partner with the client's management to establish and maintain an innovative, high-quality vision for the security program.
This person is responsible for overseeing the administration, coordination, planning, development, direction and implementation of the Security Program in accordance with the Client contractual service delivery model.
This person is responsible for assuring areas of accountability conform to the requirements set forth in the contract, hospital policy and by accrediting and regulatory agencies. This person will review and act promptly to reports from such agencies.
This person is responsible for building, improving and maintaining the relationships with the client and employees; coordinating needed support services to effectively run the account to meet or exceed financial & operational goals and provide quality customer service.
This person will maintain monthly and quarterly metrics as applicable to the agreed upon key performance indicators. This person will audit the accounts to ensure compliance with contractual and regulatory obligations to include the creation and maintenance of Compliance Folders for each AUS person assigned.
General Scope of Work:
- Responsible for conducting and reporting outcomes of annual security program reviews.
- Responsible for monitoring, reviewing and analyzing information from materials, events, or the environment, to detect or assess security related problems and report and act on each as appropriate for compliance and response.
- Responsible for providing subject matter expertise in the development of client policies related to security and the security program. Responsible for monitoring and reporting effectiveness of those policies and procedures.
- Responsible for providing appropriate guidance to security and facility staff as it relates to the security program.
- Interfaces with client executives, physicians, and other members of the client staff as deemed appropriate.
- Responsible for maintaining subject matter expertise in applicable security related subject matter.
- Supervise the day to day security operations of an assigned client site
- Manage a team of security officers, site and/or shift supervisors including hiring/selection, scheduling, payroll, training, coaching, development and support
- Ensure the client site is provided with high quality security services to protect people and property
- Build, improve and maintain effective relationships with both client and employees
- Coordinate necessary support services to effectively manage client site to meet or exceed financial and operational goals and provide quality customer service
- Ensure all required reporting and contract compliance requirements are met
- Assure regular communication of issues or program with Client
- Handle any escalated security issues or emergency situations appropriately
- Other management responsibilities as determined by leadership
- Communicate staffing needs via Requisition Form; assist recruiters in identifying, interviewing and hiring quality candidates
- Develop staff in both technical and professional skills through performance management (coaching, counseling, disciplining, MSO training, annual formal performance evaluations, recognition, etc.)
- Assure that employee grievances are heard and resolved (with help from appropriate support employees, as required) and that personnel records are updated and accurate (Change of Status forms, rosters, etc.)
- Assure communication of policies, company announcements and job openings through a consistently updated READ file at each site
- Meet all contractual scheduled hours with a minimum of unbilled overtime
- Coordinate and/or conduct site-specific OJT, client-specific training, and annual refresher training for security personnel, as well as meet Allied Universal’s corporate training standards
- Develop / maintain operational procedures so that a valid, site-specific OPM and post orders are always available for emergency reference by the security staff
- Manage uniforms, equipment, supplies and vehicles utilized at the account(s), maintaining appropriate inventories and maintenance checklists
- Take a proactive role in communicating with the client and meeting his needs; meet with regularly, listen to issues, provide security and technical expertise and solutions. Ensure complete customer satisfaction
Licensing requirements are subject to state and/or local laws and regulations and may be required prior to employment.
- Capably utilize WinTeam for scheduling and billing, and to produce reports (such as Scheduling Activity, invoice Aging by tiers, Training Summary and Training Detail reports) that require interpretation and action for effective business management
- Enforce Allied Universal policies as outlined in the handbooks, executive memos and on the portal
- Education and Experience:
- An associate's degree or equivalent experience is required, a BS/BA degree (or equivalent experience) is preferred.
- Extensive experience in security or law enforcement or equivalent required. Experience in security in a healthcare facility preferred. A minimum of years' experience in security at a supervisory capacity is required. Military or law enforcement background is preferred
- Applicants with at least four (4) years military service (honorable conditions only) will weigh in the favor of applicants with similar experience.
- Working knowledge of local, state and federal requirements for contracted security force in a healthcare environment is required.
- Working knowledge of applicable accreditation standards and regulations impacting security programs in a healthcare environment to include: CMS, TJC, HIPAA, EMTALA, OSHA, and NFPA is required.
- Ability to analyze problems, determine root causes, and identify and determine results oriented solutions is required.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills (verbal and written), to the level of effectively communicating with patients, patient families, staff members and executives; drafting policy and documenting investigations of incidents; and training staff members is required.
- Experience in hiring, developing, motivating and retaining quality staff.
- Previous payroll, billing and scheduling experience preferred.
- License and Credential Requirements:
- Ability to achieve and maintain all applicable state licensing requirements
- Certified Healthcare Protection Administrator (CHPA) certification is preferred and may be required within one year of assignment to the position.
- License to operate a motor vehicle
Who We Are
Men and women who have served in the military are an integral part of Allied Universal and we salute our veterans and extend gratitude for your service.
Military service members are often on the front lines, sacrificing everything to protect our freedom. And at Allied Universal, these unsung heroes help do their part to serve, secure and care for the people and businesses in every corner of our communities.
When they join our ranks, they bring with them leadership attributes, significant life experiences and military core values that are a perfect fit to be successful among a large security force, helping to make a difference in our communities.