Security Installation Technician II Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Phoenix, AZ 85031, US
Security Technology Services
When you join Allied Universal® Technology Services, you are joining one of the fastest growing security systems integrators in North America. Build your career within a fast-paced, dynamic, and diverse environment that combines leading-edge technology solutions - electronic access control, video surveillance, alarm monitoring, emergency communications, robotics, drones, and other smart tech innovative solutions - with physical security solutions to safeguard our clients and our communities.
What to expect as a Commercial Security Installation Technician II:
- Install, program and configure commercial electronic security systems for enterprise commercial clients (door access control, CCTV, intrusion detection, low voltage communication, electronic locks, point sensors, signaling devices, ect.)
- Troubleshoot new installations to ensure the systems are functioning properly and satisfy codes.
- Supervise Tech I’s on a job as assigned by Operations Manager
- Drive to client sites, with a company issued vehicle, to perform the system installation and confirm the system is operating effectively and meets contract requirements
- Run electrical wiring; related activities to include drilling, trenching, and aerial runs.
- Responsible for the connection of control panels, application requirements, wire concealment and security software installation.
- Complete miscellaneous tasks as assigned such as job-site clean-up
What knowledge and skills are required:
- High School Degree, Vocational School or equivalent is required
- 2 to 3 years of experience in the physical security, fire alarm or low voltage communication industry installing field devices, programming systems and managing small jobs
- Experience with any or all of the following preferred: Software House, Lenel, AMAG, S2, Brivo, Milestone, Exacq, Axis, Bosch, Commend, DMP, Open Options, Notifier, Fluidmesh or ONSSI
- Possess or has the ability to obtain proper state licensing once hired (Low Voltage D license, Alarm Installer Lic. etc.)
- Ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast based environment with minimum direction
- Good communication skills for effective interaction with internal & external customers
- Strong troubleshooting skills and mechanical aptitude
- Ability to be on-call on a rotational basis
- Must be detail-oriented and organized
Must possess a valid Driver’s License with at least one year of driving experience, a clean driving record (no major violations within last 36 months, no more than 1 accident in last 24 months, no more than one minor moving violation in last 24 months), a minimum level of insurance as required by Company policy, and the ability to safely operate a vehicle required.
- Ability to complete time entry from home on a daily basis via the Internet
- Ability to deliver product familiarization training to end-users
Who We Are
Men and women who have served in the military are an integral part of Allied Universal and we salute our veterans and extend gratitude for your service.
Military service members are often on the front lines, sacrificing everything to protect our freedom. And at Allied Universal, these unsung heroes help do their part to serve, secure and care for the people and businesses in every corner of our communities.
When they join our ranks, they bring with them leadership attributes, significant life experiences and military core values that are a perfect fit to be successful among a large security force, helping to make a difference in our communities.