Project Superintendent Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Mesa, AZ 85201, US
Service Installation and Technicians
When you join Allied Universal® Technology Services, you are joining one of the fastest growing security systems integrators in North America. Build your career within a fast-paced, dynamic, and diverse environment that combines leading-edge technology solutions - electronic access control, video surveillance, alarm monitoring, emergency communications, robotics, drones, and other smart tech innovative solutions - with physical security solutions to safeguard our clients and our communities.
Allied Universal Technology Services is looking to hire a Project Superintendent to run the day-to-day operations on the construction site and control the short-term schedule. This includes labor tasking, coordinating subcontractors, material and equipment, ensuring that specifications are being strictly followed, and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget. Superintendent shall be responsible for scheduling, inspections, quality control, and job site safety.
- Schedule subcontractors, consultants, and vendors in critical path to ensure timely completion.
- Work effectively with the designated project manager to communicate the daily site activities and report the ongoing status of a project with the project manager
- Perform quality control duties and responsibilities regarding the work being performed.
- Communicate with project manager regarding ASI’s, RFI’s, and Material Submittals.
- Ensure that subcontractor is fully executing and complying with his contracted scope of work.
- Coordinate required inspections with local jurisdictions.
- Identify subcontractor non-compliance with safety, health, and environmental quality standards.
- Identify conflicts in construction progress and communicate them to project team for resolution.
- Maintain daily log (written) of activities on the jobsite.
- Perform Superintendent duties at multiple job sites, simultaneously.
- Ensure subcontractor has corrected all deficiencies identified by project team.
- Walk all units on project daily to monitor activities and assist in future planning.
- Preside over weekly subcontractor meetings designed to coordinate the work.
- Issue notices of non-compliance to subcontractors in regards to quality of work or scheduling.
- Ensure that the job site is always kept in a clean and organized manner.
- Perform job progress and completion punch list identification and completion
- Assist in budgeting, bidding, and award of subcontracts.
- Assist in obtaining permits or approval of revisions.
- Gather project material submittals and maintain records of approvals at the job-site.
- Identify areas of work that are outside of subcontracted scope.
- Opening the jobsite at beginning of the day and securing the jobsite at the end of the day.
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years of progressive construction experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Organized and analytical decision-making capabilities. Must be able to manage multiple tasks, manage deadlines and have excellent follow-up skills work manage both internal and external and external customers.
- Provide direction to and resolve problems amongst 30+ subcontractors, direct employees and vendors.
- Blueprint reading.
- Ability to physically lift up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions ; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Who We Are
Men and women who have served in the military are an integral part of Allied Universal and we salute our veterans and extend gratitude for your service.
Military service members are often on the front lines, sacrificing everything to protect our freedom. And at Allied Universal, these unsung heroes help do their part to serve, secure and care for the people and businesses in every corner of our communities.
When they join our ranks, they bring with them leadership attributes, significant life experiences and military core values that are a perfect fit to be successful among a large security force, helping to make a difference in our communities.