Project Manager Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Livermore, CA 94550, US
Security Technology Services
When you join Allied Universal® Technology Services, you are joining one of the fastest growing security systems integrators in North America. Build your career within a fast-paced, dynamic, and diverse environment that combines leading-edge technology solutions - electronic access control, video surveillance, alarm monitoring, emergency communications, robotics, drones, and other smart tech innovative solutions - with physical security solutions to safeguard our clients and our communities.
Allied Universal Technology Services is hiring a Project Manager to plan, organize, direct and control project-planning and performance activities for effective management of electronic security installation. Projects include, but are not limited to, all aspects of systems scheduling, field installation, commissioning QC/QA and financial success. Responsible for overall project budget management, project surveys, material procurement, project implementation and inspection scheduling. The Project Director must be capable of executing portfolio of projects varying in size and high degree of complexity on time and within budget through effective communication, preparation and management.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain an active and thoughtful communication pattern with vendors, internal and external customers while balancing time versus profits to make sure efforts reflect and anticipated return (revenue, growth and customer retention)
- Consistently and effectively determine, allocate, and maximize available resources through project planning to ensure the achievement of sales and project management objectives
- Establish and maintain an in-depth knowledge of the industry and competitive practices as they relate to multiple markets
- Implements changes in project, contract price and installation plans to include the estimation, development and submission of Change Orders
- Support company's invoicing and collection efforts by not only ensuring all contractual terms and conditions are met initially, but by ensuring all invoicing is completed accurately and on time by aggressively monitoring the reports in ERP System and following up with customers management and customers on a consistent basis
- Manage Project budget and project P&L responsibility
- Prepares the project installation plan, determines goals, manages the plan, prepares and implements job procedures
- Maintains construction schedules and coordinates task-scheduling with other trades
- Maintains all records of job status, job changes and material flow
- Defines project problems by working with financial, contract management and management tools to assure project profitability
- Plans and schedules engineering, installation and subcontracting activities
- Supervise installation labor and sub-contractors
- Prioritize team workload to ensure quality results are delivered on time and within budget
- Troubleshoot project issues and engage appropriate management and resources as needed to mitigate impacts
- Develop fallback and contingency plans
- High School Diploma required; Associates Degree preferred
- At least six years of project management experience, electronic security industry experience is preferred
- A proven track record and verified references relating to the ability to manager 4+ Million Dollar projects to schedule and budget.
- Expert knowledge of PM techniques and tools, general knowledge of contract laws and regulations.
- PMP from the Project Management Institute, preferred.
- Ability to work independently, and perform tasks of moderate to high complexity, which requires knowledge of technical and business environments.
- Factory certifications in relevant technology platforms is a plus (Software House, Lenel, Brivo, Open Options, Exacq, American Dynamics, Milestone, OnSSI, etc.).
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project and SharePoint).
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with both internal and external customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team Player with strong work ethic
- Excellent follow-up and leadership skills
- Strong analytical decision-making capabilities
- Self-motivated with the ability to motivate and influence others
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks while meeting strict deadlines
- Experience in the security industry is preferred
- Ability to conduct site walks and attend onsite customer meeting
Who We Are
Men and women who have served in the military are an integral part of Allied Universal and we salute our veterans and extend gratitude for your service.
Military service members are often on the front lines, sacrificing everything to protect our freedom. And at Allied Universal, these unsung heroes help do their part to serve, secure and care for the people and businesses in every corner of our communities.
When they join our ranks, they bring with them leadership attributes, significant life experiences and military core values that are a perfect fit to be successful among a large security force, helping to make a difference in our communities.