Nuclear Security Officer - Armed Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Welch, MN 55089, US
Security Officer Level
Afternoon, Evening, Morning, Overnight
Allied Universal®, North America’s leading security and facility services company, provides rewarding careers that give you a sense of purpose. While working in a dynamic, diverse and inclusive workplace, you will be part of a team that fuels a culture that will reflect in our communities and customers we serve. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for all full-time positions!
Allied Universal has security jobs and are seeking to fill the position for an Armed Nuclear Security Professional. The Nuclear Security Professional provides physical protection of nuclear power generating facilities against intrusion and acts of sabotage. The Security Professional conducts stationary guarding as well as foot and/or vehicle patrol (interior and/or exterior), controls access and/or egress of personnel, materials, and vehicles. The Security Professional will also monitor CCTV, plant surveillance equipment and alarm systems, compose reports, deter criminal activity, misconduct, and safety violations. Additional duties may be assigned in nuclear training and qualification plan and post orders.
***The start date will be 09/15/2022. This position is covered by a Collective Bargaining Agreement with a starting pay of $18 / hour, with increasing step levels up to $30.10 / hour, and includes a competitive benefits package. After completion of 12-14 weeks of training this will be a 12 hour rotational shift position.***
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify safety and/or fire hazards and make recommendations for improvement
- Report degradation, deficiencies, and accidents in accordance with current procedures and take appropriate corrective actions as directed by Security force Supervision
- Control access of personnel, vehicles and materials into the protected area and maintain appropriate log
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or experience required in order to be hired. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Formal Education, Licenses, and Certifications Required:
- Be at least 21 years of age with high school diploma or equivalent
- As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a drug screen in accordance with all federal, state, and local laws
- Licensing requirements are subject to state and/or local laws and regulations and may be required prior to employment.
- Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Be able to work scheduled twelve-hour shifts
- Sound business judgment and acumen coupled with dispute resolution and negotiation skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving, project management, and organizational abilities
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and written communication skills
Who We Are
Men and women who have served in the military are an integral part of Allied Universal and we salute our veterans and extend gratitude for your service.
Military service members are often on the front lines, sacrificing everything to protect our freedom. And at Allied Universal, these unsung heroes help do their part to serve, secure and care for the people and businesses in every corner of our communities.
When they join our ranks, they bring with them leadership attributes, significant life experiences and military core values that are a perfect fit to be successful among a large security force, helping to make a difference in our communities.