Human Resources Director-Technology Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Carrollton, TX 75006, US
When you join Allied Universal® Technology Services, you are joining one of the fastest growing security systems integrators in North America. Build your career within a fast-paced, dynamic, and diverse environment that combines leading-edge technology solutions - electronic access control, video surveillance, alarm monitoring, emergency communications, robotics, drones, and other smart tech innovative solutions - with physical security solutions to safeguard our clients and our communities.
Allied Universal® Technology Services is hiring a Human Resources Director to support the growing business unit with HQ in Carrollton, TX.
- As a senior member of management, participate in strategic planning sessions and offer solutions to employee related issues affecting the business
- Provide leadership and strategic direction to the Human Resources Team, including coaching and developing team members, soliciting feedback from Regional and Corporate Leadership on effectiveness of the team's business partnership
- Collaborate with leaders to ensure practices are met including HR compliance, team member performance, retention, and engagement
- Lead/manage strategies to ensure team member development including, planning, and directing succession planning initiatives and working with individuals and/or teams on coaching and development plans
- Execute on stabilization through partnership interviews, performance management process and leadership of turnover programs
- Provide support and guidance through the Talent Management process
- Partner with leaders to conduct and successfully resolve investigations
- Analyze and provide guidance of people metrics and reporting to determine opportunities for improvement and develop action-oriented plans
- Provide support and guidance on interpretation and implementation of new and or updated projects and programs
- Maintain expert knowledge of federal and state employment law to ensure compliance within operations
- Represent Human Resources and business units on cross functional team projects, new programs and process improvement
- Identify and implement retention strategies to reduce employee turnover and increase internal employee development and skills
Must possess one or more of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field
- Associate’s degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field with a minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible human resources management experience
- High school diploma with a minimum of twelve (12) years of progressively responsible human resources management experience
- Minimum of seven (7) human resources managerial experience required, including direct responsibility for employee relations, policy and procedure development and administration, workers’ compensation and safety program management, and senior level business involvement
- Experience with multi-state operations in a highly regulated service industry and/or oversight in organization with high-volume entry-level workforce
- Working knowledge of automated payroll/HRIS systems
- Strong working knowledge of all labor laws in all states for which incumbent would be responsible (geographic region), as well as extensive knowledge of relevant federal employment laws/regulations, workers’ compensation/OSHA procedures and regulations, and discrimination/harassment investigation and defense procedures
- Excellent customer-service skills, with the ability to interact with all levels of individuals professionally in a courteous and professional manner, and to de-escalate situations before they become hostile or unpleasant
- Ability to take initiative and successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines
- Able to use good independent judgment and discretion
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization, including with clients, while functioning as a team player
- Able to articulate policies and procedures in a clear, concise manner
- Willingness and ability to travel approximately 30% of the time, locally (vehicle travel) and distantly (throughout assigned region via air travel as required)
- MBA or advanced HR-related degree
- Professional Human Resources certification (e.g., PHR, SPHR, GPHR)
- Prior work experience liaising with union representatives and managing a workforce under a Collective Bargaining Agreement
Who We Are
Men and women who have served in the military are an integral part of Allied Universal and we salute our veterans and extend gratitude for your service.
Military service members are often on the front lines, sacrificing everything to protect our freedom. And at Allied Universal, these unsung heroes help do their part to serve, secure and care for the people and businesses in every corner of our communities.
When they join our ranks, they bring with them leadership attributes, significant life experiences and military core values that are a perfect fit to be successful among a large security force, helping to make a difference in our communities.