Global Security Operations Center Manager Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
San Francisco, CA 94111, US
Allied Universal®, North America’s leading security and facility services company, provides rewarding careers that give you a sense of purpose. While working in a dynamic, diverse and inclusive workplace, you will be part of a team that fuels a culture that will reflect in our communities and customers we serve. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for all full-time positions!
Allied Universal is looking to hire a Global Security Operations Center Manager. The Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) Operations Manager is an experienced professional who has expertise in managing people, process and technology in the control room environment, including: shift-based team leadership, strategic program oversight, effective communication (writing, speaking and presenting) and policy and procedure development, as well as technical and project management. Specific functional areas of responsibility and proficiency include: security alarm monitoring principles, dispatching and coordinating allocation of resources, stakeholder (customers and operational partners) involvement, data-driven (metrics) reporting, team and task-specific performance assessment, travel safety and security and critical incident response management. The Operations Manager is responsible for driving process implementation and refinement, short and long-term project management, cross-team (control room and field-services) collaboration, maintenance of internal and external stakeholder relationships and directly supervises a team of Supervisors on assigned shift.
Essential Job Functions:
- Oversee the coordinated development and maintenance of policies and procedures related to the GSOC and affected stakeholders
- Lead the team by providing both strategic direction and hands-on guidance to team members in handling effectively related issues
- Ensure appropriate staffing coverage and alignment of position responsibilities for each shift
- Supervise the implementation of new technologies and business processes to improve efficiency
- Initiate and maintain strategic planning to keep pace with growth of business teams, number of sites and evolving customer and stakeholder needs; constant improvement of GSOC capabilities
- Build, lead, manage, and motivate teams in a dynamic, rapidly-evolving and cross-functional environment that is centered around the use of people, process and technology to ensure life-safety, security and resiliency at corporate sites
- Monitoring and tracking key performance indicators (KPIs) as per client MSA
- Ensure compliance with client expectations and policies, monitor assets and make rapid notifications via mass communication tools to stakeholders
- Provide enterprise detection and coordinated response to physical security, safety and business continuity events
- Develop and maintain security-services performance metrics and related reports
- Provide assistance to field-based security specialists, site security facilitators, and program stakeholders
- Stay at front edge of industry best practices relating to control center security management and related services
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree (required)
- Have a minimum of 5-years of experience in Corporate Security or a similar role with at least 2-years leading and managing all aspects of a corporate control center
- Have extensive experience and knowledge of various access control platforms, video management systems and incident management applications/software
- Have demonstrated effectiveness in managing complex people, process and technical projects
- Have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to drive process improvement
- Be an excellent communicator, whether writing, speaking or presenting
- Have demonstrated expertise in developing, implementing and managing control center programs.
- Have experience gathering and analyzing data to create useful metrics that support positive change
- Demonstrated ability to manage effectively change and conflict
- Be adept at managing crises; provide front-line leadership in coordinating responses to a myriad crisis situations
- Have the ability to lead a cross-functional team
- Be a dependable team player with strong business acuity, enthusiasm and a positive attitude
- Possess an impeccable work ethic and a high degree of integrity
- Possess general knowledge and understanding of State and Federal Employment laws
- Extensive experience using Lenel Enterprise OnGuard
- Licensing requirements are subject to state and/or local laws and regulations and may be required prior to employment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of this job. They should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, requirements, skills, and standards required to perform essential job functions.
Who We Are
Men and women who have served in the military are an integral part of Allied Universal and we salute our veterans and extend gratitude for your service.
Military service members are often on the front lines, sacrificing everything to protect our freedom. And at Allied Universal, these unsung heroes help do their part to serve, secure and care for the people and businesses in every corner of our communities.
When they join our ranks, they bring with them leadership attributes, significant life experiences and military core values that are a perfect fit to be successful among a large security force, helping to make a difference in our communities.