Event Security Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Norfolk, VA 23505, US
Flexible - Events Division
Allied Universal® Event Services, North America’s leading crowd management, event staffing, and consulting company, provides rewarding careers that give you a sense of purpose. While working in a dynamic, diverse and inclusive workplace, you will be part of a team that service thousands of entertainment locations such as sports stadiums, concerts, convention centers, and other venues annually. The majority of our positions offer flexible schedules which let you decide when you want to work!
Allied Universal is looking to hire Event Security. This position is responsible for checking bags, enforcing access control and implementing policies and procedures for the safety of the guests and owners, while providing superior customer service for the best guest experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Those duties necessary to meet the minimum requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists in all aspects of event day preparation and execution.
- Allows appropriate entry into each venue, may collect and/or scan tickets, verify wristbands and badges, direct traffic coming in and out of the venue.
- Screens guests during entry via bag searching, hand wand or metal detector, and ID verification.
- Protects guests, staff, and venue ownership group assets by watching for security breaches at vital checkpoints.
- Responds quickly to potential crowd control issues and provides escorts for unruly guests when ejections are warranted.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the policies, procedures and regulations of different venues, facilities and events.
- Initiates a genuine, friendly and personal greetings to our guests as they arrive at your facility entrance, aisle, concourse area or other location and a sincere thanks as you complete your encounter with each guests.
- Provides guests with helpful directions and/or suggestions that will enhance their entertainment experience.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must have a high school diploma (or equivalent).
Licensing requirements are subject to state and/or local laws and regulations and may be required prior to employment.
- As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test and may be required to pass a Driver’s Record check.
- Be professional, articulate and able to use good independent judgment and discretion.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization, including with clients, while functioning as a team player required.
Who We Are
Men and women who have served in the military are an integral part of Allied Universal and we salute our veterans and extend gratitude for your service.
Military service members are often on the front lines, sacrificing everything to protect our freedom. And at Allied Universal, these unsung heroes help do their part to serve, secure and care for the people and businesses in every corner of our communities.
When they join our ranks, they bring with them leadership attributes, significant life experiences and military core values that are a perfect fit to be successful among a large security force, helping to make a difference in our communities.