Electronic Security Estimator Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Dallas, TX 75202, US
Security Technology Services
Allied Universal® Technology Services, one of the largest security systems integrators in the United States, offers comprehensive and integrated technology solutions to help clients mitigate risk and protect people and assets. Allied Universal® Technology Services all-inclusive service approach offers intelligent and seamless technology solutions from electronic access control, video surveillance, fire/life safety, alarm monitoring, emergency communications, technological threat management and response, and other smart tech innovative solutions, including a broad array of hosted /managed services via the company’s Monitoring and Response Center (MaRC), and the Global Security Operating Center.
We are in a growth mode and continue to hire talented Installation and Service Technicians, Monitoring Agents, Coordinators, Project Managers, Engineers, Architects, Branch Leadership and Sales Professionals. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more! Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal® Technology Services today!
Allied Universal is hiring a Solutions Architect II to support the achievement of sales goals through direct pre-sales support providing high quality, innovative, cost effective technical solutions that meet or exceed our customer’s needs in a professional manner.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Develop technical solutions that map customer business requirements to security technology solutions
- Generation of technical scopes of work (SOW) and detailed design narratives for technical solutions and associated cost estimates
- Manage estimation process to include interfacing with multiple representatives of sales, management, and customer teams
- Analyze blueprints, construction drawings, and technical/functional design specifications to prepare compliant solutions
- Research emerging technologies in support of security integration solutions
- Interface with product and distribution partners to obtain systems, device, and equipment pricing during estimating process
- Support Sales Team by participating in technical discussions and meetings with customers and/or product partners
- Support the Sales Team in customer facing ROI (Return on Investment) discussions and technical presentations
- Understanding construction divisions, as they relate to Electronics -Safety and Security for RFP responses.
- Maintain quality assurance by following organization and department standards
Knowledge & Skills:
- High school diploma required; bachelor’s degree in related field preferred; equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- A minimum of 7 years relevant experience with integrated electronic security solutions or 5 years of experience in a pre-sales support/engineering position
- Industry technology certifications such as PSP, CCNA; or product specific certification in Access Control and IP Video platforms
- Working knowledge of network infrastructure including switches, routers, IP configuration, CCNA or equivalent certification preferred. Equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of certification
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; capable of managing multiple tasks, setting priorities, and meeting deadlines
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills; the ability to communicate with stake holders via email, over the phone, and in person is required
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Ability to obtain any state licensing requirements
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, and Word)
- Ability to travel (20% - 30%) on an as needed basis
- Utilizing a PDF editing – Creation tool such as Bluebeam for device plotting, and team collaborations.
Pay: $80k to $88k+ milleage riemburshment + bonus (Depending on experience)
Who We Are
Men and women who have served in the military are an integral part of Allied Universal and we salute our veterans and extend gratitude for your service.
Military service members are often on the front lines, sacrificing everything to protect our freedom. And at Allied Universal, these unsung heroes help do their part to serve, secure and care for the people and businesses in every corner of our communities.
When they join our ranks, they bring with them leadership attributes, significant life experiences and military core values that are a perfect fit to be successful among a large security force, helping to make a difference in our communities.