Director of Installation Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Chicago, IL 60154, US
Service Installation and Technicians
When you join Allied Universal® Technology Services, you are joining one of the fastest growing security systems integrators in North America. Build your career within a fast-paced, dynamic, and diverse environment that combines leading-edge technology solutions - electronic access control, video surveillance, alarm monitoring, emergency communications, robotics, drones, and other smart tech innovative solutions - with physical security solutions to safeguard our clients and our communities.
The Director of Installation manages the overall execution and performance of the field installation staff. Ensures branch goals and objectives are met. Goals and objectives are aligned with the Regional Vice President in terms of supervising employees to ensure schedules are maintained and projects proceed according to plans, job specifications and cost estimates. Director of Installation r will work in accordance with the organization’s office policies and procedures, keeping in mind the overall core values of Allied Universal Technology Services.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Those duties necessary to meet the minimum requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned:
- Is responsible and accountable for all activities and performance of all project management, system installation and commissioning employees for installation work. Provides technical support, expertise, leadership, and accountability for installation projects in assigned geographic area or location. Plans, organizes, directs, and controls all installation activities.
- Hiring, recruiting, retention and planning training needs for installation staff
- Builds and maintains an effective installation organization committed to customer and employee satisfaction and profitable growth
- Establishes goals and development plans for all direct reports. Evaluates employee performance and works with Regional Vice President on salary management
- Supervise performance of field installation staff and responds to escalated issues in field
- Communicates management directives to field staff and ensures compliance (WFS, Safety, etc.)
- Coordinate with several departments related to installation projects
- Works with sales, service and engineering teams for Sales-to-Ops and Install-to-Service turnovers.
- Oversees manpower schedules and loading to ensure contract and project compliance
- Oversees installation project completion and COSC/COFS process
- Oversees installation projects for prevention of project slippage
- Site Visits to ensure QC of various projects; ensure conformance to client specifications and company requirements
- Heavy focus on proactive client engagement - follows up on customer satisfaction issues and drives resolution
- Engage company resources to resolve customer issues outside of project scope
- Onsite& Remote support & guidance for newer technical staff
- Works with installation teams to Manage the Project Slip Review Process
- Serves as safety champion for responsible branch(s). Ensure reports, incidents, workers’ compensation (injury) reports, OSHA logs are funneled to the proper personnel and are up-to-date and complete
- Is the Installation P&L Owner and has a comprehensive understanding around the management of a P&L
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Engineering or Project Management (techniques and tools)
- Possession of valid state issued driver’s license required
- Possession of state specific licensing (i.e., Class D or Alarm Installer etc.) or ability to apply and hold license once in position
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project, SharePoint, and Word)
- Ability to travel to job-sites as needed (overnight travel maybe required for work at remote site projects, meetings, and/or training)
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with both internal and external customers
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks while meeting strict deadlines
- Must be detail-oriented and organized
- Strong, planning and reporting skills
- Possess excellent verbal, written communication and follow-up skills
- Strong analytical and decision-making abilities
- Self-motivated with the ability to motivate and influence others
- While not required, the following qualifications will enhance hiring consideration:
- College degree in business administration or management
- Professional certifications related to project and/or resource management
- 7 or more years of experience in Engineering or Project Management (techniques and tools)
Who We Are
Men and women who have served in the military are an integral part of Allied Universal and we salute our veterans and extend gratitude for your service.
Military service members are often on the front lines, sacrificing everything to protect our freedom. And at Allied Universal, these unsung heroes help do their part to serve, secure and care for the people and businesses in every corner of our communities.
When they join our ranks, they bring with them leadership attributes, significant life experiences and military core values that are a perfect fit to be successful among a large security force, helping to make a difference in our communities.