CWA Technician 1 Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Culver City, CA 90230, US
Security Technology Services
When you join Allied Universal® Technology Services, you are joining one of the fastest growing security systems integrators in North America. Build your career within a fast-paced, dynamic, and diverse environment that combines leading-edge technology solutions - electronic access control, video surveillance, alarm monitoring, emergency communications, robotics, drones, and other smart tech innovative solutions - with physical security solutions to safeguard our clients and our communities.
Allied Universal is looking to hire an Installation Technician I. The Installation Technician I will perform installations of electronic control systems which may include door access control, CCTV, intrusion detection, low voltage communication and fire alarm systems including cable management, electronic locks, point sensors, signaling devices and associated hardware.
What to expect as a Technician I at Allied Universal Technology Services:
- Run electrical wiring in a crawl spaces; related activities to include drilling, trenching, and aerial runs.
- Responsible for the connection of field devices and wire concealment.
- Under the direction of a Tech III or Project Manager, complete all wiring, connections, and equipment installations ensuring that systems are complete and operational according to contract requirements.
- Under the direction of a Tech III or Project Manager, test new system installations to ensure that they are functioning properly and that they meet local, county, state, and/or federal codes and any licensing and/or insurance requirements.
- Complete miscellaneous tasks as assigned such as job-site clean-up
- Overnight travel may be required on an as-need basis.
- High School Degree, Vocational School or equivalent is required
- 0 to 2 years of experience in the physical security, fire alarm or low voltage communication industry installing field devices
- Military veterans are encouraged to apply
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with both internal and external customers
- Strong troubleshooting skills and mechanical aptitude
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Must be detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to obtain proper state licensing once hired (Low Voltage D license, Alarm Installer Lic. etc.)
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Ability to complete time entry from home on a daily basis via the Internet
Who We Are
Men and women who have served in the military are an integral part of Allied Universal and we salute our veterans and extend gratitude for your service.
Military service members are often on the front lines, sacrificing everything to protect our freedom. And at Allied Universal, these unsung heroes help do their part to serve, secure and care for the people and businesses in every corner of our communities.
When they join our ranks, they bring with them leadership attributes, significant life experiences and military core values that are a perfect fit to be successful among a large security force, helping to make a difference in our communities.