Bilingual GSOC Operator - Overnight Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Richardson, TX 75013, US
Allied Universal® Technology Services, one of the largest security systems integrators in the United States, offers comprehensive and integrated technology solutions to help clients mitigate risk and protect people and assets. Allied Universal® Technology Services all-inclusive service approach offers intelligent and seamless technology solutions from electronic access control, video surveillance, fire/life safety, alarm monitoring, emergency communications, technological threat management and response, and other smart tech innovative solutions, including a broad array of hosted /managed services via the company’s Monitoring and Response Center (MaRC), and the Global Security Operating Center.
We are in a growth mode and continue to hire talented Installation and Service Technicians, Monitoring Agents, Coordinators, Project Managers, Engineers, Architects, Branch Leadership and Sales Professionals. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more! Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal® Technology Services today!
Allied Universal® is looking to hire a Global Security Operations Center Operator. The GSOC Operator is responsible for using best practices to identify, analyze, and support all incidents that are either impactful or potentially impactful to business, assets, the brand and/or employees and visitors. This position is responsible for using established protocols and good decision making in taking actions and communicating information surrounding events and actions taken for those incidents to leadership as appropriate. The GSOC Operator will monitor cameras and various alarms/alerts, dispatch associated response personnel, and answer calls via telephone, operate access control technology, and provide general assistance to both employees and guests. The GSOC operator supports headquarters, branch/operating offices, and field teams as they prepare for, respond to, and recover from both crisis and non-crisis incidents and events of various types. Available shift is overnight 12 hour shifts (7pm-7am) 3 days on, 3 days off alternating. Starting pay: $20 per hour
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answer routine and emergency calls, monitor traditional alarms, video and access control and provide general assistance according to customer specific protocols.
- Dispatch security officers, ERT, facilities, police, fire, and EMS personnel as required via telephone and/or email communications.
- Maintains various records of communications.
- Communicates and disseminates information, using established communication vehicles, to key partners using best practices
- Escalating complaints and unusual/critical event information to Shift Supervisor, Manager, and other leadership personnel as directed.
- Report any missing, damaged, or inoperative equipment or communications, alarm, video management system, or other systems.
- Respond to customer requests for maintenance, etc.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant policies and procedures for specific locations.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Must be able to pass any State-required training or other qualifications for licensing
- Minimum of two years’ experience in law enforcement, security, or the military
- Minimum of two years’ experience controlling cameras and responding to alarms; one year being in a security setting
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- In addition to the ability to learn any new software needed, this position is required to have knowledge of the following:
- Microsoft Applications (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Ability to identify a problem, apply security training and procedures and execute said procedures.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- Employees work inside of a Monitoring and Response Center that is relatively quiet with dim lighting.
- Employees are required to sit for long periods of time, respond to event-driven alarms for their entire shift and control a mouse and keyboard. Being that the core job duty is to view cameras for the entire shift, employees must always be alert. No accommodations will be made for an employee who is unable to stay awake whether due to a medical condition or medication.
Who We Are
Men and women who have served in the military are an integral part of Allied Universal and we salute our veterans and extend gratitude for your service.
Military service members are often on the front lines, sacrificing everything to protect our freedom. And at Allied Universal, these unsung heroes help do their part to serve, secure and care for the people and businesses in every corner of our communities.
When they join our ranks, they bring with them leadership attributes, significant life experiences and military core values that are a perfect fit to be successful among a large security force, helping to make a difference in our communities.