Associate Project Manager Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Charleston, SC 29405, US
Security Technology Services
When you join Allied Universal® Technology Services, you are joining one of the fastest growing security systems integrators in North America. Build your career within a fast-paced, dynamic, and diverse environment that combines leading-edge technology solutions - electronic access control, video surveillance, alarm monitoring, emergency communications, robotics, drones, and other smart tech innovative solutions - with physical security solutions to safeguard our clients and our communities.
Allied Universal® Technology Services is looking to hire a Associate Project Manager. The Associate Project Manager works in tandem with assigned Project Manager(s) in planning, organizing, and directing project-planning and performance activities for effective management of electronic security installation projects to include, but not limited to, all aspects of systems scheduling, field installation, commissioning QC/QA and financial success. Supports overall project budget management, project surveys, material procurement, project implementation, customer service and inspection scheduling. The Associate Project Manager also responsible for a portfolio of projects small to medium size and duration on time and within budget through effective communication, preparation, and management.
- Maintain an active and thoughtful communication pattern with vendors, internal and external customers while balancing time versus profits to make sure efforts reflect and anticipated return (revenue, growth, and customer retention)
- Consistently and effectively determine, allocate, and maximize available resources through project planning to ensure the achievement of sales and project management objectives
- Establish and maintain an in-depth knowledge of the industry and competitive practices as they relate to multiple markets
- Implement changes in project, contract price, and installation plans to include the estimation, development, and submission of Change Orders
- Support company's invoicing and collection efforts by not only ensuring all contractual terms and conditions are met initially, but by ensuring all invoicing is completed accurately and on time by aggressively monitoring the reports in ERP System and following up with customers management and customers on a consistent basis
- Manage Project budget and project P&L responsibility
- Prepare the project installation plan, manage the plan, and prepare and implement job procedures
- Maintain construction schedules and coordinates task-scheduling with other trades
- Maintain all records of job status, job changes and material flow
- Define project problems by working with financial, contract management and management tools to assure project profitability
- Plan and schedules engineering, installation, and subcontracting activities on large and/or complex systems
- Supervise installation labor and sub-contractors
- Prioritize team workload to ensure quality results are delivered on time and within budget
- Troubleshoot project issues and engage appropriate management and resources as needed
- Develop fallback and contingency plans
- Conduct site walks and attend onsite customer meeting
- Must possess one or more of the following:
- High school diploma or equivalent with a minimum of two (2) years of project management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Computer Science, Construction Management, Management, or related field
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in the electronic security industry or related low voltage/construction field
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project, and SharePoint)
- Ability to work independently, and perform tasks of moderate to high complexity, which requires knowledge of technical and business environments
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Superb oral and written communication skills
- Excellent follow-up and leadership skills
- Strong analytical decision-making capabilities
- Self-motivated with the ability to motivate and influence others
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks while meeting strict deadlines
- Factory certifications in relevant technology platforms is a plus (Software House, Lenel, Brivo, AMAG, Exacq, Hanwha, Axis, Milestone, Avigilon, etc.).
- Enhanced computer skills
- Contract language knowledge and experience
- Construction background, notably in planning or scheduling efforts
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Experience in the security industry
Who We Are
Men and women who have served in the military are an integral part of Allied Universal and we salute our veterans and extend gratitude for your service.
Military service members are often on the front lines, sacrificing everything to protect our freedom. And at Allied Universal, these unsung heroes help do their part to serve, secure and care for the people and businesses in every corner of our communities.
When they join our ranks, they bring with them leadership attributes, significant life experiences and military core values that are a perfect fit to be successful among a large security force, helping to make a difference in our communities.