Application Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Aberdeen, NJ 07747, US
Are you looking to become part of a dynamic, technology-driven company? AMAG Technology, an Allied Universal® Company, is a market leader in Physical Access Control, Identity Management and integrated security solutions. We are always looking for talented individuals to join our team, and offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more. Start your career with AMAG Technology today!
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Those duties necessary to meet the minimum requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned:
- Contribute to the design of the systems and solutions to be sent to the field for installation. Provide installation support during the commissioning of these systems until each project has been successfully completed and accepted by the client.
- Design and engineer complex computer and network-based security solutions by integrating standard and non-standard security and IT components.
- Review sales documentation against customer expectations and will work with Project Management to establish a plan to meet and/or exceed project goals, timelines, and milestones.
- Help evaluate and contribute to the never ending improvement of our products and our processes utilizing knowledge, experience and feedback.
- Ensure that submittals, equipment, support, etc. are delivered to project management on schedule; they are technologically correct; and that they are properly documented and supported.
- Closely follow each installation assigned to them and together with the Project Manager supports each project to the point of client acceptance and turnover to Customer Support.
- Other duties as assigned.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or experience required in order to be hired. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s in in Computer Systems or Electrical Engineering is preferred.
- 5+ years of computer and/or electronics industry experience.
- A combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Proficiency in the following area is highly desirable:
- Networking, computer systems design, low voltage networks and communications.
- PC’s, monitors, networks and networking equipment, CCTV hardware and cameras and other industry standard security solutions.
- Designing, implementing, and troubleshooting complex LAN and WAN network topologies.
- Routing, switching, firewalls and VPN’s.
- Serial, RF, Fiber Optic, Cellular, Ethernet, etc.
- Strong PC Skills including MS Word, Excel, Project, Visio, Outlet, etc.
- Experience with AutoCAD 2007 LT
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ENVIRONMENT:
- Major activities include working on PC while sitting, walking, standing, speaking, listening, observing
- Physical effort is limited, to include some standing, bending, light lifting, and limited stretching and reaching
- Must be able to submit to drug screening to the extent permissible by law
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions
Who We Are
Men and women who have served in the military are an integral part of Allied Universal and we salute our veterans and extend gratitude for your service.
Military service members are often on the front lines, sacrificing everything to protect our freedom. And at Allied Universal, these unsung heroes help do their part to serve, secure and care for the people and businesses in every corner of our communities.
When they join our ranks, they bring with them leadership attributes, significant life experiences and military core values that are a perfect fit to be successful among a large security force, helping to make a difference in our communities.