Account Manager - Newspaper Printing Plant - Flushing, Queens Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Flushing, NY 11354, US
Allied Universal®, North America’s leading security and facility services company, provides rewarding careers that give you a sense of purpose. While working in a dynamic, diverse and inclusive workplace, you will be part of a team that fuels a culture that will reflect in our communities and customers we serve. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for all full-time positions!
Allied Universal is looking to hire an Account Manager for a newspaper production plant located in Flushing, Queens.
The Account Manager is accountable for day-to-day operations of an assigned account, including hiring, training, disciplining and terminating staff. Build, improve and maintain relationships with clients and employees: develop & retain staff; coordinate needed support services and solve problems to effectively run the account. Meet or exceed financial & operational goals; provide quality customer service. Maintains or oversees maintenance of weekly operating schedules and completion of payroll for assigned security personnel. Provides after-hour emergency response as required. To support and ensure success in this role, we provide a comprehensive, week-long management onboarding course designed to provide best practices, tools and guidance.
Essential Functions The Site Security Manager Will Be Responsible For:
- The physical security of the Distribution Production Plant and the safety of all personnel.
- The manager will supervise contract security personnel assigned to the production plant which will be staffed by contract security around-the-clock.
- Updating, contributing, reviewing and revising, as needed, Standard Operating Procedures and Post Orders.
- Ensuring the facilities closed circuit cameras and access control systems are in operation at all times.
- Ensuring the contract security vendor provides the required personnel assignments at the production plant.
- Investigations of all incidents of reported injuries, employee misconduct, accidents, thefts, and property damage, which occur on site.
- Responding to the scenes of serious vehicle accidents involving Delivery Department personnel.
- Generating detailed incident reports, interviewing people, working with law enforcement, documenting evidence by photo or video, when warranted.
- Responding to and overseeing emergency situations, such as building and lot evacuations and reporting the same to Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) and will act as liaison with emergency services personnel.
- Responding to all disturbances and altercations.
- Coordinating with Human Resources and management where there is a need to escort suspended /terminated employees off the site.
- Staying current with medical training in order to administer CPR/AED and First Aid to any injured or sick staff.
- Conducting preliminary investigations of suspicious mail and coordinates security attention relating to bomb threats, strike actions or wild cat job walk outs.
- Coordinating the assignment of access control cards to all the facilities employees.
- Assisting staff file Police reports, if warranted.
- Assisting the Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) with security events and matters.
- Maintaining liaison with law enforcement agencies.
- Other duties as differing situations, incidents and events arise at the Bronx and Queens locations.
- The On-Site Security Manager position requirements:
- Duty hours of the position coincides with production operations from 8:00 pm to 4:00 am.
- Possess an Associates Degree/Bachelors Degree preferred.
- Excellent written, verbal and communication skills.
- Basic computer literacy is a must.
- Knowledge of security software, emergency plans, and physical security systems.
- Minimum of five years supervisory and leadership experience in corporate security, law enforcement or the military. Retired law enforcement will be considered.
- Demonstration of strong customer service, with the ability and experience to effectively resolve issues in a professional and customer-focused manner and to de-escalate situations before they become hostile or unpleasant.
- Supervise on-site security officers and have the ability and experience to train and coach them, to effectively enforce post orders, security standards, and company policies.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and maintain a safe driving record.
- Ability to maintain and CPR, AED and First Aid mandated certifications.
- Additional accreditation and certifications are a plus.
- Supervise the day to day security operations of an assigned client site
- Manage a team of security officers, site and/or shift supervisors including hiring/selection, scheduling, payroll, training, coaching, development and support
- Ensure the client site is provided with high quality security services to protect people and property
- Build, improve and maintain effective relationships with both client and employees
- Coordinate necessary support services to effectively manage client site to meet or exceed financial and operational goals and provide quality customer service
- Ensure all required reporting and contract compliance requirements are met
- Assure regular communication of issues or program with Client
- Handle any escalated security issues or emergency situations appropriately
- Other management responsibilities as determined by leadership
- Communicate staffing needs via Requisition Form; assist recruiters in identifying, interviewing and hiring quality candidates
- Develop staff in both technical and professional skills through performance management (coaching, counseling, disciplining, MSO training, annual formal performance evaluations, recognition, etc.)
- Assure that employee grievances are heard and resolved (with help from appropriate support employees, as required) and that personnel records are updated and accurate (Change of Status forms, rosters, etc.)
- Assure communication of policies, company announcements and job openings through a consistently updated READ file at each site
- Meet all contractual scheduled hours with a minimum of unbilled overtime
- Coordinate and/or conduct site-specific OJT, client-specific training, and annual refresher training for security personnel, as well as meet Allied Universal’s corporate training standards
- Develop / maintain operational procedures so that a valid, site-specific OPM and post orders are always available for emergency reference by the security staff
- Manage uniforms, equipment, supplies and vehicles utilized at the account(s), maintaining appropriate inventories and maintenance checklists
- Take a proactive role in communicating with the client and meeting his needs; meet with regularly, listen to issues, provide security and technical expertise and solutions. Ensure complete customer satisfaction
Licensing requirements are subject to state and/or local laws and regulations and may be required prior to employment.
- Capably utilize WinTeam for scheduling and billing, and to produce reports (such as Scheduling Activity, invoice Aging by tiers, Training Summary and Training Detail reports) that require interpretation and action for effective business management
- Enforce Allied Universal policies as outlined in the handbooks, executive memos and on the portal
- Four year degree in Criminal Justice, Business Administration or related field
- Previous Contract Security, facilities management, military or law enforcement experience
- At least 2 years of business management/operations/supervisory experience (depending on size/scope of client).
- Ability to develop and grow customer relationships
- Experience in hiring, developing, motivating and retaining quality staff
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills required
- Ability to work in a team-oriented management environment with the ability to work independently
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, complex situations, a diverse team of employees and client requirements on an ongoing basis
- Previous payroll, billing and scheduling experience preferred
- Ability to work in a team-oriented management environment while having an entrepreneurial attitude
- Key Competencies: Staff Management, Financial Management, Integrity, Problem Solving, Conflict Management, Time Management, Customer Focus, Timely Decision Making, Motivating and Directing Others, Drive for Results
Salary: $83,200 / year
Who We Are
Men and women who have served in the military are an integral part of Allied Universal and we salute our veterans and extend gratitude for your service.
Military service members are often on the front lines, sacrificing everything to protect our freedom. And at Allied Universal, these unsung heroes help do their part to serve, secure and care for the people and businesses in every corner of our communities.
When they join our ranks, they bring with them leadership attributes, significant life experiences and military core values that are a perfect fit to be successful among a large security force, helping to make a difference in our communities.